'...companies die because their managers focus on the economic activity of producing goods and services, and they forget that their organisation's true nature is that of a community of humans. The legal establishment, business educators and the financial community all join them in this mistake.'
The Living Company, Arie de Geus
The LivingTeams approach combines extensive experience in business/organisations, learnings from living systems (the natural world), and the process of creative cycles and transitional processes.
We work alongside your team/organisation to help you address business and organisational challenges and opportunities. We focus on enhancing your awareness and understanding of the current situation, reframing the challenge/opportunity, looking for creative and innovative ways forward, implementing them and then following up.
Every team and situation is different:
The LivingTeams approach always focuses on the current situation. What is happening right now? What can be done right now? What are the beliefs and expectations that are influencing perceptions and actions right now?
Theories, models and frameworks help us to understand what is happening and provide ways forward that will enhance your team. However, there are no pre-packaged answers or solutions. For example:
- Teams and team members are constantly adapting to ongoing change in their environments. An opportunity or solution that is relevant today may not be relevant tomorrow.
- A model or tool can help develop awareness. However, it can also become an 'albatross' by creating preconceived ideas about the way things are or should be.
- Providing Support (helping people to help themselves)
- Ensuring Clarity (just what is)
- Being Pragmatic (life is 'messy')
- Encouraging Harmony (and the need for diversity)
- Allowing Creativity (enjoying the great things that emerge)
' Be what you is, cuz if you be what you ain't, then you ain't what you is' (epitaph in Boothill Cemetary)
Outcomes - Typically clients become:
- More focused,improved sense of direction.
- Better able to support key relationships both inside and outside the team.
- More effective processes and management of them.
- More creative and adaptable.